I have to schedule my life within workgroup, and although it is possible to connect evolution to it, that depends on where you work. My workaround is having the Outlook on my phone and work computers -- and to use the web interface elsewhere.
But that is sharing what is decided.
When it comes to thinking, to sorting thoughts out, for note taking, I use an older technology. A notebook. This is why.
- I don't lose the notebook. Bits of paper -- post it notes -- get misplaced. I have two notebooks (this year's mistake, I should only have had one) and I know where they are at all times. Because everything is in them. I have the old notebooks stored in a secure place.
- You can work freeform You can use a page to brainstorm. You can write down notes out of order. You can take three pages to describe something important
- You can be organised This is the genius of Bullet Journals, not as much the daily scribbles, but that you every month index what you have done so you can find it again
- You can use a variety of formsI like only half of the planner system: the monthly calendar and the daily schedule. There are things I record daily. But... some days are one page, some days are a lot more. Particularly clinically. Conflating the light days onto one page -- or a week to a page -- can work. I have an annual planner as my main journal for next year, but I expect (as in this year) that the book will run out towards the end of the year.
- It means you take notes better. And it means you transcribe your notes, which makes you revise the topic
- You can journal Your thoughts, feelings, concerns, prayers... in bullet points, narrative, pictures: for your eyes only. Instagram journals are as real as plastic ice cream
- Your ideas are private. They are not on a computer, they cannot be hacked, they are only accessible to those you trust. You use email to start team work and to demonstrate that you own the ideas. But the first step, the first diecussion, the first documentation, should be offline
What notebook you use is up to you. I generally write with a fountain pen, so get good Japanese books. If necessary, get two.
Assume everything in your computer and everything on social media has been indexed, collated, folded, multilated, taken out of context and can be used against you. Only one hint: your planner should make you enjoy writing and using it.
Regardless of OS. Regardless of your employer.